Las Vegas is known for its flashing lights, casinos, and all-night entertainment. It’s a paradise for shopping and the high-end lifestyle, and businesses operating in the area are recognizable by their distinctive area code, 702. For users looking to get a second phone number to have a local presence, CoverMe’s free downloadable app provides a host of real, reliable options to choose from.
Where Is the 702 Area Code?
The 702 area code covers telephones in the Clark County area, which includes Las Vegas in the state of Nevada. It’s one of the United States’ original area codes, dating back to 1947, and it once spread across the whole state of Nevada until 1998, when the increasing population meant it was reduced in size.
There are 230,000 small businesses in Las Vegas, but that number grows every year. The primary industries in the city are tourism, entertainment, gambling, logistics, and information technology. Step away from the casinos and you’ll also find the city home to an advanced aerospace and defense manufacturing industry.
The History of the 702 Area Code
The Vegas area code is brimming with history. It dates back to 1947 when it was used for the whole state of Nevada. The second half of the 20th century saw a massive increase in population and a growing number of residential and commercial addresses requiring their phone number.
Consequently, state officials split the area outside of County Clark off from the Las Vegas area, introducing the new 775 area code. There were wild rumors around this split, including supposed plans for a 777 area code to mirror the winning combinations for slot machines in the gambling halls of the city. But regulators decided against this to reserve the easily memorable number for national use.
The Las Vegas area continued to use 702, and it still does today. Indeed, the 702/725 area is filling up, but it is still far from reaching capacity, meaning that companies can still get hold of new 702 area codes as an alternative phone number for their business.
What Time Zone Is the 702 Area Code?
If you’re a business looking to acquire a Las Vegas telephone number, it’s a good idea to know what time zone the state is in and what operating hours you’ll need to run.
Las Vegas and the whole state of Nevada run on Pacific Standard Time, which is UTC/GMT-8. That means that if you’re in London, you will be eight hours ahead of anyone in Las Vegas. And if you are in New York, you are just four hours ahead.
When it comes to daylight savings time, Las Vegas shifts forward an hour. Make sure you remember this when scheduling calls!
Why Get a 702 Phone Number with CoverMe?
If you do business with anyone in the Las Vegas area, it’s essential to have a local number there that customers can call. Not only does this boost your business’s reputation and make you appear more trustworthy, but it also means that customers can call you without a toll. Fortunately, CoverMe’s free downloadable app lets you pick out a Vegas number in seconds, so you get your business up and running in the area.
The CoverMe app is highly versatile for businesses with an international presence. You can get local phone numbers in the US, Canada, Belgium, the UK, and many other places. And the unique customization options offered by CoverMe mean you can select specific locations from each country – so picking out Las Vegas is quick and simple.
Importantly, CoverMe numbers are 100% real and always reliable. Just like a regular number, you can send texts, make calls, and even sign up to social media sites so that your business has a local online profile.
CoverMe numbers are also long-life and disposable. You can keep the number as long as you need it and then burn it when you’re done. It’s also secure, with all transmitted data being protected by military-grade encryption protocols. That means your data, and your customers’ data, are always in safe hands and cannot be intercepted. Say goodbye to prank calls, too!
How to Get a 702 Phone Number in CoverMe?
Getting your hands on a CoverMe number is quick and easy. Just download the app from the App Store or Google Play and create an account. Then, head down to the bottom-right corner of the main screen and select “CoverMe Phone Numbers”. Click “Continue”, then enter an area code or city name for the number you wish to have, then click “Search”, and select your desired phone number from the list of available numbers.
The whole process takes about five minutes, and while you’re at it, why not check out some of CoverMe’s awesome security features?
- Personal Vault. The CoverMe app comes equipped with a high-security virtual vault that lets you store all your company’s sensitive data, including pictures, videos, documents, and messages. CoverMe also never uses cloud backup, since it is vulnerable to hacking, so you can rest assured that the data on your phone, stays on your phone.
- Message Recall. It’s common when answering customer questions or handling many requests for information that you accidentally send out an incorrect time or data. Fortunately, CoverMe lets you recall messages once they’ve left your phone. This ensures that sensitive data can be quickly resecured following an accident.
- Decoy Password. With property theft always a risk for businesses, CoverMe has introduced a decoy password feature for its app that alerts the owner when someone is trying to guess your password or break into your phone.
- Self-Destructing Messages. It may sound like something out of a James Bond movie, but CoverMe’s self-destructing messages are fantastic for time-sensitive data that shouldn’t remain on the recipient’s phone for more than a few minutes.
- Multiple Numbers. With CoverMe, you can have as many numbers are you need, helping keep your work and personal life separate and allowing you to operate in multiple locations at once.
If you need a 702 area code, make sure you download CoverMe today by clicking the link here.