Giving your phone number to every person you meet and every website is not a good idea. That is if you don’t want to receive unsolicited and annoying calls from time to time. However, that does not mean you can do nothing with the embarrassment. Whether you’re putting up a car on Craigslist or selling your old sneaks on eBay, it is a good way to use disposable phone numbers to contact strangers without having to reveal your real numbers.
Here are 5 apps that let you generate temporary and disposable phone numbers quickly. These apps offer a wide array of services for short-lived numbers, including SMS, voice calling, call forwarding, and voicemail, etc.
1. CoverMe for iOS and Android—CoverMe is a free download on Google Play and App Store. It is designed to satisfy the ultimate needs of mobile privacy and security. CoverMe provides disposable phone numbers which mask your real phone number. Now you can call and text any person without revealing your personal phone number. Call and text records won’t show up on your phone bill. CoverMe uses encrypted data connection to transmit phone calls, messages, and photos and videos. With military-grade encryption, you can test assured that no one can intercept your calls and messages. CoverMe even allows you to embed a ‘self-destruct’ into messages. Once a message is read it will disappear.
2. Dingtone for iOS and Android—Dingtone is a free calling app that allows you to make unlimited free phone calls and send free texts to any mobile and landline number around the world over WiFi or 3G/4G data network without using any cell minutes. You can make free calls by earning free minutes through simple activities or you can make calls immediately to any number in over 200 countries with very low rates. Caller ID is supported so your friends can see that you are calling. Voice calls are transmitted on Dingtone’s high-quality dedicated VoIP network, providing superior call quality. Other features of Dingtone are free conference calls, Fax, sharing pictures, videos, your location and using the Push to Talk function to turn your phone into a walkie talkie. Dingtone is simple and fast to use.
2. Burner for iOS and Android — Like CoverMe, the disposable SMS, voice call, and voicemail-compatible number app is also free to download, with one free “burner” and in-app credit packs for more numbers with your preferred area code. The interface of burner is simple and easy to use.
3. Hushed for iOS and Android —It’s free to download with the ability to purchase credits in app. Hushed temporary phone number works for phones & tablets and includes free call voicemail, text auto replies and text SMS and MMS. Your first 3 days give you a free number and starter credits for free texting and free phone calls. With Hushed, you can change your number for a different phone number from over 40 countries and send anonymous texts or make anonymous calls from around the world and drop your disposable number at any time when you no longer need a second number with no hassle.
4. LineUp for iOS — This iPhone and iPod Touch-only app provides On-demand burner numbers for texting, calling, and voicemail. Use your data connection (VoIP) or your phone network to make calls. You can only buy, call and text US numbers. Numbers are renewed monthly but calling and texting credits roll over each month, do not expire, and are yours until you use.
In need of a disposable phone number? Get CoverMe from Google Play
Or you can Get CoverMe from Apple App Store
You May Also LiKe: